Plates of natural quartz glass are produced from tubes. In this process, the tubes are cut open and, on exposure to heat, worked into plates.
The resultant slightly wavy surface is then fire-polished.
Fields of application
- Chemical industry
- Cover plates for UV and IR spotlights
- Industry and research
- Quartz glass
- Outstanding optical transmittance – from UV to IR
- Temperature stability up to 1050 °C (briefly up to 1200 °C)
- Low coefficient of expansion
- Good compressive strength
- Very high purity
- Low OH content (< 5 ppm)